The library will be closing from September 18 to September 30 so that we may move the Childrenʼs and Teensʼ collections from their temporary home in the Adult Department back to their respective areas.
|The entrance to the Teen ROOM!|
|This really shows the GREEN.|
While we cannot promise that everything will be in its permanent location when we reopen, it will be close! Furniture for both the Teen and Middle School areas will arrive later in the fall. Creating the actual Middle School Collection, which will contain items specifically reviewed for readers in grades 5 to 8, will be the final piece in the renovation project.
|The Middle School Area will be where the Teen Area used to be.|
So, what does this mean for you?
1. Any materials that you check out in the next two weeks will NOT be due during the time we are closed. You are still allowed to return materials during this time using the exterior drop box, but if it doesn't bother you to hang onto your library items until we reopen, that would be really helpful on our end.
2. As always, you can visit any other library in the state of Connecticut and use your Burlington library card to take out materials.
3. You can continue to place holds and renew items online in our catalog.
1. We have recently added a New Items feature to the catalog. If you click on the photo below the words “New Items” on the right hand sidebar of this blog, you will see all recent additions to the library’s entire collection! By clicking on a book cover in the train of materials, you’ll get brought right to that item in our catalog. These trains of new items is updated every time something to our collection. Take time to try it out to see what is new here from the comfort of wherever you are comfy.
2. Welcome Back TAC Party is Saturday, September 16 from 2:00pm - 3:00pm. Details and sign up information are available on our website. Teen Advisory Council is open to ALL students in grades 6 through 12. You do NOT need to be a resident of Burlington or attend a Region 10 school to join TAC. I am always looking for input from anywhere possible about how we can improve teen services her at the Burlingotn Public Library.
I think that is all for now. Thank you for your patience as we go through our growing pains. It will be soooooo worth it in the end.
Peace out, Butterscouts.